California Northstate University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All of these prompts have a 250-word limit.
- Why have you chosen to apply to CNUCOM? | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- In the medical profession, you will be exposed to students, faculty, colleagues, and patients of various cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. How has your involvement with diverse populations prepared you for potentially four years in Elk Grove, the greater Sacramento area, and the rest of the Central Valley? | How to Write About Diversity in Your Secondary Essays
- What has been your biggest challenge in pursuing medicine? What have you learned as a result? | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- In which direction would you like to see healthcare progress over the next decade? | How To Answer Secondary Prompts About The Future
- Please share with us about a time when you needed to follow school instruction accurately. How did you ensure that you don’t miss school instructions and your action is correct?
- If your education has not been continuous since high school, please explain why. Examples of discontinuities include time taken off while obtaining your undergraduate degree, in addition to gap years. (Optional) | How to Discuss Breaks in Your Education in Secondary Essays
- If you have previously applied to medical school, what have you accomplished since that time that would warrant your admission now? (Optional) | How to Write About Being a Reapplicant in Secondary Essays
- Is there anything you would like the Admissions Committee to know that is not reflected elsewhere in your application? (Recommended)
Primary Deadline: December 20, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: No
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: Yes
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Email
California Northstate University College of Medicine Mission:
To Advance the Art and Science of Medicine through Education, Service, Scholarship, and Social Accountability.