California Northstate University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
All of these prompts have a 250-word limit.
- Why have you chosen to apply to CNUCOM?
- In the medical profession, you will be exposed to students, faculty, colleagues, and patients of various cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. How has your involvement with diverse populations prepared you for potentially four years in Elk Grove, the greater Sacramento area, and the rest of the Central Valley?
- What has been your biggest challenge in pursuing medicine? What have you learned as a result?
- In which direction would you like to see healthcare progress over the next decade?
- If your education has not been continuous since high school, please explain why. Examples of discontinuities include time taken off while obtaining your undergraduate degree, in addition to gap years. (Optional)
- If you have previously applied to medical school, what have you accomplished since that time that would warrant your admission now? (Optional)
- Is there anything you would like the Admissions Committee to know that is not reflected elsewhere in your application? (Recommended)
Secondary Deadline: 21 days after the secondary application is received
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: No
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Email
California Northstate University College of Medicine Mission:
To Advance the Art and Science of Medicine through Education, Service, Scholarship, and Social Accountability.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook