California University of Science and Medicine Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated June 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Describe a time when you were faced with problems or stresses that tested your coping skills. What did you do? (1500 characters)
- Provide us with a specific example of something you did which helped build enthusiasm in others. (1500 characters)
- How would you describe yourself in terms of your ability to work as a member of a team? (1500 characters)
- Describe the last time you were criticized by a peer or supervisor. How did you handle it? (1500 characters)
- What does it mean to be emotionally intelligent? How have you effectively used your skills in emotional intelligence in the past? (1500 characters)
- Give an example of when you had to work with someone who was difficult to get along with. Why was this person difficult? How did you handle that person? (1500 characters)
- What would be the best example that shows you are a person of integrity? (1500 characters)
- If given the opportunity to attend medical school, where would you see yourself in ten years? (1500 characters)
- Diversity comes in many forms. How do you think you might contribute to the diversity of the class? (1500 characters)
- If you were enrolled in fewer than 12 units/credits for more than 1 semester/2 quarters during your undergraduate education, please provide a brief explanation below. (500 characters)
Primary Deadline: Usually around Nov 30
Secondary Deadline: Usually around Dec 30
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Conditional Fee Waiver (must be granted by associate dean and admissions)
Casper Required: No
PREview Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: No
California University of Science and Medicine School of Medicine Mission:
To advance the art and science of medicine through innovative medical education, research, and compassionate healthcare delivery in an inclusive environment that advocates critical thinking, creativity, integrity, and professionalism.
California University of Science and Medicine School of Medicine Vision:
To develop a socially accountable medical school that:
- Directs its education, research, and service activities towards addressing the priority health concerns and wellbeing of its community.
- Inspires, motivates and empowers students to become excellent and caring physicians, scientists, and leaders.
- Facilitates a medical education for promising students, especially from California’s Inland Empire.
- Shares freely with the global community its innovative curriculum and advances of best practices in medical education.
California University of Science and Medicine School of Medicine Values:
- If you were enrolled in fewer than 12 units/credits for more than 1 semester/2 quarters during your undergraduate education, please provide a brief explanation below.
- Sometimes it is necessary to work in unsettled or rapidly changing circumstances. When have you found yourself in this position? Tell us exactly what you did.
- If you were working on a small group project and you thought that another student wasn’t meeting his/her responsibility, how would you feel about this situation and how would you handle it?
- If given the opportunity to attend medical school where would you see yourself in ten years?
- Diversity comes in many forms. How do you think you might contribute to the diversity of the class?