Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science/UCLA Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle. (Older essays, if available are below)
All the prompts have an 800 character limit.
- Describe your involvement in the one most important non-academic activity in your life. 800 char
- What has been the one most unique leadership, entrepreneurial or creative activity in which you participated? 800 char
- What has been the one most important volunteer work you have done and why was it meaningful? 800 char
- Has there been or will there be a gap between achieving your last degree (baccalaureate or other degrees post baccalaureate) and the expected time of medical school matriculation? Yes 300 char or No | How to Write About Your Gap Years in Secondary Essays
- What is the one most important honor you have received? Why do you view this as important? 300 char
- What has been your most scholarly project (thesis, research or field of study in basic or clinical science or in the humanities)? Describe one and give number of hours, dates and advisor. 300 char
- Describe a problem in your life. Include how you dealt with it and how it influenced your growth. 500 char | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Describe your work experience: 4000 char
Primary Deadline: October 15, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $70
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates:
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science/UCLA College of Medicine Mission:
The mission of the College of Medicine is to provide education, research and clinical service in the context of community engagement in order to train physician leaders who promote wellness, who provide care with excellence and compassion, and who are committed to transforming the health of diverse and underserved communities.
- Have you experienced any uneven performance in grades and academic achievement? If so, please explain.
How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- If you are currently not a full-time student, please list and describe your current activities.
- Describe the role you play in your immediate family.
- Describe your community and socioeconomic environment.
- List the most significant community, public service, and leadership activities you have been involved in over the last six years.
- Describe how your experience, your community, and family background impact your understanding of the underserved communities.
- Other than healthcare access, what are some of the most important health care issues confronting underserved communities? How would you address them?
How To Answer Secondary Prompts About Current Challenges in Health Care
- Please describe how your experiences and personal attributes contribute to the mission of Charles R Drew University.
How to Write About How You Fit a Medical School’s Mission
- Please provide any additional information, which will give the Admissions Committee greater insight into you as an applicant.
How to Answer “Why Should We Accept You?” in Your Secondaries
- How did you hear about our program?
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook