Loma Linda University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Briefly describe your single, most rewarding experience. Feel free to refer to an experience previously described in your AMCAS application.
- Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment. | How to Answer Secondary Prompts About Specialties
- Briefly describe a situation where you had to overcome adversity; include lessons learned and how you think it will affect your career as a future physician. | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Briefly describe a situation where you were not in the majority. What did you learn from the experience?
- Optional: The Admissions Committee values hearing about each candidate for admission, including what qualities the candidate might bring to the School of Medicine if admitted. If you feel there is information not already addressed in the application that will enable the Committee to know more about you and this has influenced your desire to be a physician, feel free to write a brief statement in the space below. You may address any subject you wish, such as being a first generation college student, or being a part of a minority group (whether because of your sexual orientation, religion, economic status, gender identity, ethnicity) or being the child of undocumented immigrants or being undocumented yourself, etc. Please note that this question is optional and that you will not be penalized should you choose not to answer it.
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $85
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Email
Loma Linda University School of Medicine Mission:
Our mission is to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ as we educate future medical professionals to excel in their chosen field.
Loma Linda University School of Medicine Values:
- Developing the Whole Person
- Reaching the World
- Describe the extent and source of your knowledge of Loma Linda University School of Medicine (LLUSM). (750 characters max
- What makes LLUSM particularly attractive to you? (750 characters max)
How to Answer Secondary Prompts about ‘Why Us’
- What qualities make you a desirable candidate for admission to LLUSM? (750 characters max)
How to Answer “Why Should We Accept You?” in Your Secondaries
- Discuss how your spiritual experience has influenced your life and how you integrate it into your daily life. (750 characters max)
- What experiences in your life would illustrate your perspective on service to others? (750 characters max)
- As a Christian educational institution, the medical curriculum integrates spiritual, ethical, and relational issues from a Christian perspective into the practice of medicine. Weekly chapel services and religion courses are part of this program. Please respond to the above as it relates to your personal educational and career goals. (750 characters max)
- Loma Linda University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution that has lifestyle expectations that include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs/substances in all forms. In the past year, have you used any of these substances? If so, which one(s)? (250 characters max)
- If accepted to LLUSM, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of Loma Linda University School of Medicine? (250 characters max)
How to Write About How You Fit a Medical School’s Mission