Western University of Health Sciences Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
All prompts have a 500-word limit.
- While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician?
- What was your most memorable community service activity and how did it impact you?
- What is your specific interest in the osteopathic medicine program at COMP Pomona Campus?
- Describe why you see yourself as a great “fit” for our school.
- Is there anything in your application that you would like to explain to the admissions committee?
Secondary Deadline: 10 days after receiving secondary
Secondary Fee: $
CASPer Required: No
Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Mission:
The Mission of the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP) is to prepare students to become technically competent, culturally sensitive, professional and compassionate physicians who are prepared for graduate medical education, who are lifelong learners, and who will serve society by providing comprehensive, patient centered healthcare with the distinctive osteopathic philosophy. This is accomplished through excellence in curriculum, translational research, service, osteopathic clinical practice and the enhancement of osteopathic graduate medical education.
Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Vision:
Each class creates their own vision statement.
Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Values:
- Medical Knowledge
- Osteopathic Philosophy
- Patient Centered Care
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Practice Based Learning & Improvement
- Systems Based Practice
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook