University of California, Irvine Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle. (Older essays, if available are below)
All of these prompts have a 1,500 character word limit.
- Do you wish to be considered for the Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community? (Y/N)
- Please describe how you have served your community (school, neighborhood, city, etc.) and how these experiences have prepared you for PRIME-LC. (1500 char)
- Please describe the reason for your interest to be trained as a physician leader for the Latino community. In addition, explain how you intend to utilize the PRIME-LC specialized training to impact community health and health services for the Latino community. (1500 char)
- Do you wish to be considered for the Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community?
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $105
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: Yes
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
University of California, Irvine School of Medicine Mission
Discover. Teach. Heal.
University of California, Irvine School of Medicine Vision
Powered by discovery and innovation, UCI Health will advance individual and population health.
University of California, Irvine School of Medicine Values
- What personal accomplishment are you most proud of and why? | How to Answer “Why Should We Accept You?” in Your Secondaries
- Please describe to the Admissions Committee a challenge you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience. | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Do you have your baccalaureate degree?
- This essay is only for applicants that have already received their baccalaureate degree. Please clarify for the Admissions Committee your activities (school, work, and/or volunteer, travel, etc. ) since receiving your undergraduate degree. You may list them in chronological order or you may incorporate them into an essay, stating why you chose particular activities.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook