University of California, Irvine Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
All of these prompts have a 1,500 character word limit.
- What personal accomplishment are you most proud of and why?
How to Answer “Why Should We Accept You?” in Your Secondaries
- Please describe to the Admissions Committee a challenge you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience.
How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Do you have your baccalaureate degree?
- This essay is only for applicants that have already received their baccalaureate degree. Please clarify for the Admissions Committee your activities (school, work, and/or volunteer, travel, etc. ) since receiving your undergraduate degree. You may list them in chronological order or you may incorporate them into an essay, stating why you chose particular activities.
- Do you wish to be considered for the Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community?
Secondary Deadline: Upon receipt of your e-mail invitation to submit a secondary application, you will have 30 days to complete the process.
Secondary Fee: $105
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
University of California, Irvine School of Medicine Mission
Discover. Teach. Heal.
University of California, Irvine School of Medicine Vision
Powered by discovery and innovation, UCI Health will advance individual and population health.
University of California, Irvine School of Medicine Values
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook