Icahn at Mount Sinai Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
- If you are currently not a full time student, please briefly describe the activities you are participating in this academic year (100 words).
- If there is an important aspect of your personal background or identity or a commitment to a particular community, not addressed elsewhere in the application, that you would like to share with the Committee, we invite you to do so here. Aspects might include, but are not limited to significant challenges in or circumstances associated with access to education, living with a disability, socioeconomic factors, immigration status, or identification with a culture, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. Briefly explain how such factors have influenced your motivation for a career in medicine. Completing this section is optional(100 words).
- What is the toughest feedback you ever received? How did you handle it and what did you learn from it (250 words)?
- Please tell us about a situation in which working collaboratively on a team was challenging. What did you do? What did you learn (200 words)?
All prompts have a 200-word limit.
- Please describe an influential experience that motivated your decision to become a physician-scientist.
- What is the toughest feedback you ever received? How did you handle it and what did you learn from it?
- Please tell us about a time when an experiment didn’t go as planned or yielded an unexpected result. How did you approach this challenge and what did you learn?
- What are your career goals? Which characteristics of the MD/PhD Program at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai do you believe will help you to achieve them?
Secondary Deadline: November 15, 2018
Secondary Fee: $110
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Accepts Application Updates:
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Vision:
At the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, we are dramatically advancing the art and science of medical care through an atmosphere of intense collaborative learning, social concern, and scholarly inquiry.
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook