State University of New York Upstate Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated April 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- If you earned your baccalaureate degree prior to this past June, please provide a brief statement indicating your plans for the upcoming academic year
- You might consider yourself disadvantaged if you grew up in an area that was medically or underserved or had insufficient access to educational opportunities. Do you consider yourself within this description? If you answer Yes please explain your particular circumstances regarding why you consider yourself a disadvantaged applicant.
- If you are interested in Primary Care, are you interested in receiving more information about potential scholarship opportunities?
- We understand that the COVID-19 crisis disrupted many aspects of our lives. Please share if you had any curricular impacts during this time, for example, change to pass/fail courses or to online coursework or if you anticipate any deficiencies in experiences as a result of COVID-19.
- Please upload an essay, under 500 words, answering the following question:
Upstate Medical University is strongly committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for the patients we serve and all who work at, study at, or visit our campus. As a potential partner in this effort, please describe your commitment to eliminating health inequities, discrimination, or other forms of social injustice.
Primary Deadline: October 15, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $110
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
Former Prompts (before 23-24 cycle)
- Has anyone in your family graduated from the College of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University?
- Please indicate the last MCAT exam you have taken and/or are you planning to take any upcoming MCAT exams and if so, when? Please remember that the deadline for completing your application is December 1.
- Have you completed your baccalaureate degree? If you earned your baccalaureate degree prior to this past June, please indicate your plans for the upcoming academic year. If you haven’t completed your baccalaureate degree yet, will you be doing so this academic year
- Which medical specialty are you thinking about pursuing at this point? | How to Answer Secondary Prompts About Specialties