New York University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2020 Application Cycle.
- If applicable, please comment on significant fluctuations in your academic record which are not explained elsewhere on your application.
How to Write About Red Flags in Your Secondary Essays
- If you have taken any time off from your studies, either during or after college, please describe what you have done during this time and your reasons for doing so.
How to Discuss Breaks in Your Education in Secondary Essays
- The Admissions Committee uses a holistic approach to evaluate a wide range of student qualities and life experiences that are complementary to demonstrated academic excellence, strong interpersonal skills and leadership potential. What unique qualities or experiences do you possess that would contribute specifically to the NYU School of Medicine community? (2500 characters max)
3 YR MD Tertiary
- Please select the residency program you wish to apply to.
- Please describe your motivation for pursuing a residency, detailing how past experiences have shaped your desire to pursue this career path. (2500 char)
- What do you believe the three most important qualities are that make for not only a successful resident, but ultimately an ideal physician in this field? (2500 char)
Secondary Deadline: Unknown
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
New York University School of Medicine Mission:
To serve, to teach, and to discover.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook