New York University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated June 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- If applicable, please comment on significant fluctuations in your academic record which are not explained elsewhere on your application.
- If you have taken any time off from your studies, either during or after college, please describe what you have done during this time and your reasons for doing so.
- The Admissions Committee uses a holistic approach to evaluate a wide range of student qualities and life experiences that are complementary to demonstrated academic excellence, strong interpersonal skills and leadership potential. What unique qualities or experiences do you possess that would contribute specifically to the NYU Grossman School of Medicine community? (2500 characters)
- The ultimate goal of our institution is to produce a population of physicians with a collective desire to improve health for all segments of our society through outstanding patient care, research and education. In this context, where do you see your future medical career and why? If your plans require that you complete a dual degree program, please elaborate here. (2500 characters)
- Please answer only one of the following three questions: (2500 characters)
1. The most meaningful achievements are often non-academic in nature. Describe the personal accomplishment that makes you most proud. Why is this important to you?
2. Conflicts arise daily from differences in perspectives, priorities, worldviews and traditions. How do you define respect? Describe a situation in which you found it challenging to remain respectful while facing differences?
3. Describe a situation in which working with a colleague, family member or friend has been challenging. How did you resolve, if at all, the situation as a team and what did you gain from the experience that will benefit you as a future health care provider?
Primary Deadline: Usually around Oct 15th
Secondary Deadline: Usually around Nov 15th
Secondary Fee: $110
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
Casper Required: No
PREview Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates:
New York University School of Medicine Mission:
To serve, to teach, and to discover.