Albany Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2020 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts have a 1,000 character limit.
- If you have previously applied to medical school, but were unsuccessful, what do you believe are the major reasons for not being accepted and what have you done since to overcome these concerns? | How to Write About Being a Reapplicant in Secondary Essays
- Describe yourself.
- Please explain any inconsistencies in your university, graduate, or professional school academic performance and/or MCAT scores.
- Has your college or university, graduate or professional school attendance been interrupted for any reason? If yes, please explain. Also, please explain any extended gaps in activity/employment in your post-graduate history. | How to Write About Your Gap Years in Secondary Essays | How to Discuss Breaks in Your Education in Secondary Essays
- Tell us one thing about yourself that would help the Admissions Committee determine if you should be admitted to our program.
- In the “Work and Activities” section on your AMCAS application, you provided the following list of experiences. Please select the experience that you feel has been the most meaningful in influencing your desire to pursue a career in medicine, explain why, and also describe what aspect of that experience best equips you to make an impact in the medical profession.
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: No
Albany Medical College Mission:
We are committed to improving health by attaining the highest standard of quality in care delivery, education, and research initiatives.
Albany Medical College Vision:
As an academic medical system, we will deliver the best possible experience for all patients wherever we interact with them. We will foster teaching, learning and discovery, fiscal responsibility, and adaptability to change.
Albany Medical College Values:
- Excellence and continuous improvement
- Integrity in every decision we make
- Compassion and respect for the dignity of every person
- A diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment
- Collaboration throughout our organization
- Responsiveness to the people of our communities
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook